Tuesday 3 December 2013

Departure questionairre

So we set off from college and after getting past rush hour traffic out of Brighton, got onto the M23 when the car started feeling odd and rattling and starting to lose control. Due to our crises management training as activity leaders, we remained cool, calm and collected and Rosanna got us from the fast lane onto the hard shoulder where we jumped out of the car and got hit by the smell of burning rubber. Complete burnout on the front wheel.

Rosanna was really shaken and we were all quite stunned but lucky to be alive...now how the fuck are we gonna get to the airport with only three wheels, a time limit and at a place where taxis don't stop?

Called Ovingdean and a full rescue mission unfolded! Craig and florie arrived, florie waited with Rosanna for her car to get sorted and Craig roosted us up to Heathrow. We got there with 40 mins to get through security etc and sat in the departure lounge, spaced-out to fuck, contemplating the mornings alternative hypothetical outcomes.

Feeling invincible we got the plane and took advantage of the free booze...the wait for the trolley to come round took for fucking ever but as soon as that wine hit, all was good.

Mental start to something we already felt pretty unnerved about!!

We got fed a tray of shit on the plane...like a SOCK of pizza and ice cream that I threw all down my jumper...and what are you meant to do with a hot wet wipe?  I just placed it on my neck like other people were doing? And watched a surfing film set in California. Boom.

Security was harsh I was freaking out because I thought I had something on me that I shouldn't have. But, I didnt and it was fine and a cheeky finger print and iris scan later, we got let into America!...

No comments:

Post a Comment