Friday 20 December 2013

Taco terrors

On our second night we went out for tacos (taco Tuesday) and went to a restaurant with a terrace, really close to the San Diego airport's landing strip so we got to see loads of aeroplanes flying superr low over us while we ate, it was crazy loud and they came down completely out the blue like they were going to getcha.

It took ages for us to get served so we cracked on the drinks and got to know two Australian girls, Tess and Allie, who were jokers and loved the way I kept saying "innit" and I had to explain what it meant. Then we tricked a trucker-type guy into thinking we were Australian and they were English. Then I got too drunk so the accent suffered then we went back to the hostel and I blaired tunes out of my phone in the garden and drank Smirnoff ice with them as they'd got 12 for $12.

Then it was the morning and we were awake and starting work and still drunk and cleaning the hostel. Clearing up breakfast, changing beds, I was sweeping and mopping and then it hit me.

One of the worst hangovers of my life....screaming headache, sweats, dizziness. Down another glass of water. On top of that black coffee. Bend over to get the dustpan. Pumping, piercing, searing headache. Dreams of bed and a shower. Up the stairs. Trying to carry a full bucket of water down stairs and a mop and a broom. Another aspirin. No diggedy. Finish work. Shower. Another aspirin and ten gallons of water. Bed. Toss turn, chest pains, muscles twitching.

Suggestion to go get food. I'm the worst company ever. Completely silent with a face like Lynn from Alan partridge. One tuna sashimi salad later, a smile.

Enter the Australian girls. Hey how was your day? Worst hangover ever. Haha that's probably because we spiked your Smirnoff ice with vodka at the end of the night. Oh.

They were so much fun though, I let them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment